Thursday, October 29, 2015

S-cool site

If you are struggling with the preparatory year of IB (the first year that is) this site has a lot to offer. It is very understandable and easily explains main concepts in Biology and Chemistry. A-levels are to some extent comparable to IB studies, (to _some_ extent) so they are useful. You do not need to register even though there are prompts everywhere.

There are other things on the site as timetable and a forum but I have never used them so I don't know they are helpful or not.

When you go to a certain subject the site opens a list of topics covered. I found similarities between the IB syllabus and the listed topics and that is why I studied using this site,

The subjects I studied using this site were Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
For Biology I specifically read these points:

A-level:
Respiration:
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/biology/respiration

Pigments and absorption of light:
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/biology/photosynthesis/revise-it/pigments-and-the-absorption-of-light

There are also resources for GCSEs. There are some topics which are in the syllabuses IB subjects so I advise you take a look at them. The information on the topics is picture.heavy which I really like. If you want more in-depth knowledge I suggest another sites or if you would like a different layout or structure.

GCSE:
Respiration:
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/biology/respiration

Here's the link:

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment