Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Extended Essay

My Extended Essay (EE) subject was Psychology. The topic was memory consolidation in sleep cycles. I'm very fascinated with memory and especially how our brains work. I had trouble writing the essay since my 1st draft was too much about the biological aspect of the brain. An example would be how exertion affects the brain. Later my topic evolved into one concerning memory and sleep. I might still have some old notes somewhere. But, on to the 'resource'.

I found highly interesting book about memory; some say that it is an excellent work about memory. It is called "Searching for Memory: the brain, the mind and the past" by Daniel L. Schacter.

One review stated that " -- [a] compelling, readable overview of what scientists know about human memory".

The books has chapters about how memories are built and for example, about memory distortion and amnesia.  The capabilities and limits of the brain are very interesting to read about in this work. It was a very interesting book for me, a psychology student, when I was studying the subject. It inspired me to write about memory in my EE.

A link to the Google Books entry of the work:
Searching for Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment